24 February 2013

Wine Glass Bling


At a recent get together with my favorite girlies, we were thinking it would be fun to make wine glass charms. It's a perfect project to do while your sitting around gabbing and sharing a bottle of vino.
I did some research on the Internet, and they are really super easy to make! You can make them as simple or fancy as you wish. You can buy special ear wires or use basic jewelry wire, like I did because it was already in my stash. In fact I already had everything that I needed.
We made charms that night, which everyone loved! And because I forgot my camera (of course),  I made some more today to share with you.




Here is what you will need:




  • Assorted beads
  • Jewelry making pliers- bull nose and flat head
  • Wire cutters
  • Jewelry wire or circle/hoop ear wires
  • Jewelry making board


The first thing that you want to do is cut your wire in 4-4.5" lengths. If you are using ear wires you can skip this part. Then, it's helpful if you pick out your beading design and lay it out on the board to see what it will look like. Next, using your pliers you need to bend one end of the wire in a hook shape. 




Now you can add your beads.



Next curve the other end of the wire.





Viola, bling for your wine glass!!





Enjoy!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are so adorable, and a great idea! Thanks so much for linking up at Crafty Tuesday!





Blogging Tips